Hi, it has been a while since my last post, but today I’ve gained new knowledge that I wanted to store into this archive of mine. It might be useful to some other people, but it certainly is useful to me. Please enjoy the tutorial, share if you like it and leave a comment if you feel I am wrong (I’ll correct it if its true😀 )
Installing the FTP Package
1. Update your repository
2. Install the package
3. After installation is done, make a copy of “vsftpd.conf” file
4. Edit the configuration file with nano text editor
5. Find this line “anonymous_enable=YES” by pressing CTRL+W and change the value to NO to disable anonymous FTP access.
6. Using the same method as the above find “chroot_local_user=YES” and uncomment it.
7. Add the following to the end of the file
8. Restart the VSFTPD service and make it start automatically after reboot
9. Add the FTP service in the firewall-cmd this is to open the FTP port
10. Setup SELinux to allow ftp access to the users home directories.
Create a user and assign the home directory
1. For this tutorial I want to create a user without a home directory therefore I use –M instead of –m.
2. Next is to set the home directory for “mike” by creating a new directory
3. Once that is complete point the directory to the user “mike”